Posted on: 15/09/2020
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
As the Head of Quality Assurance and member of the Operational Management Team, you’ll drive all the initiatives that underpin the quality and reliability of the RailSmart suite of products and input into the running of the business. Reporting to the Operations Director you will set standards and performance measures, enabling and supporting a fantastic team of 7 Quality Assurance Engineers, all whilst working alongside our Development, IT and Service Design teams to ensure we produce the best software possible.
As a member of the Operational Management Team (OMT), you and other Heads of Department will help drive and disseminate the wider business strategy and help manage the commercial running of the organisation.
What 3Squared Do
3Squared is an award-winning Sheffield based software company that works across the rail industry.
Our flagship RailSmart suite of software applications continue to positively disrupt the rail sector as more and more passenger, and freight operating companies, and rail industry suppliers, use the software to improve operational efficiency, reduce incidents and better manage business risk.
The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 55 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning digital solutions for an ever-growing list of transportation customers in the UK and abroad.
We have stayed true to our roots and are still independently owned and operate from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of the QA team including welfare management, training, talent management, mentoring, process adoption, project resourcing
- Defining and implementing test practices/services across the business, aligning them with best industry practice and the strategic needs of the organisation
- To be an expert advisor to the Operations Director and collaborate with OMT on the commercial delivery of our products and services
- Working alongside the other Heads of Department to drive and align change across the software development lifecycle, to provide continuous improvements and deliver business efficiency
- Working alongside our Service Design and Project Delivery teams to define acceptance criteria and input ideas and refine specifications for new features and products
- Acting as a subject matter expert for test across the organisation as well as providing expertise to our clients
- Supporting the sustainable development of our SaaS RailSmart products to ensure we keep ahead of the competition and gain market share
- Using SME knowledge of testing to contribute to sales bids and tenders
- Taking a keen interest in the development of 3Squared as a business and growing your skill set in line with our targets and objectives
Skills & Experience
- Experience in acting at a similar level of team and business management
- An interest in commercial aspects of managing business growth
- Significant experience designing, implementing and leading testing services across a range of products, in both agile and waterfall development environments
- Experience in a SaaS product environment
- Experience of both functional and non-functional testing across web and mobile applications and APIs including (but not limited to) regression testing, UAT, performance testing, load testing and basic security testing
- Good, general technical understanding of software development and the more technical aspects of testing
- Excellent stakeholder management skills operating with a range of both internal and external stakeholders up to director level
- Experience in leading and developing people
- Familiarity with integrating 3rd party systems. Experience of managing, co-ordinating and leading testing activities across multiple parties would be advantageous
- Experience of testing software applications considered safety critical would be a bonus, but is not essential
- Familiarity or an interest in cyber security would be advantageous
- We’re particularly keen to hear from candidates with experience in the Rail or Logistics sector, however, this background is not essential
No Agencies Please