Posted on: 30/09/2021
Salary: Between £21,000 - £50,000 - Applications from all experience levels welcome
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with experience working with mobile technologies to join our development team. Our suite of mobile applications comprises native iOS and Android applications.
Our products have an exciting roadmap of features and enhancements that need implementing and developing for customers; this role will work to ensure we follow best development approaches as we scale.
What 3Squared Do:
3Squared is an award-winning Sheffield based software company that works across the rail industry.
Our flagship RailSmart suite of software applications continue to positively disrupt the rail sector as more and more passenger and freight operating companies and suppliers use the software to improve operational efficiency, reduce incidents and better manage business risk.
The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 65 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning digital solutions for an ever-growing list of transportation customers in the UK and abroad.
We have stayed true to our roots and are still independently owned and operate from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
- Writing code in a team and reviewing the code of others to ensure quality
- Prioritising, planning, and coordinating development activities
- Working with UI/UX Designers, QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers through all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Contributing to end of project retrospectives, analysing the success of the project and any learning points
- Providing project estimation and risk assessments
- Working across technical departments to plan, implement and reflect upon the best practices, processes and methods
- Experience with iOS or Android development – ideally both
- Familiarity with at least two of Swift, Kotlin, Objective-C and Java
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs
- Knowledge of using object orientated programming languages and principles
- Comfortable completing deployments on the App Store or Play Store
- An understanding of working with a SaaS suite, and planning development to deliver features to multiple customers across different products
- A passion for keeping up with current and future technological trends and developments.
Summary of technologies & tools we use (some training can be provided, we’re more interested in if you want to work with the following):
- Swift and UIKit, with some legacy code in Objective-C
- Swift Package Manager
- Core Data
- Our in-house PeakFrameworks
- Kotlin, with some legacy code in Java
- Android Architecture Components
- Git and GitFlow
- GitHub for source control and code review
- Bitrise for automated builds