Close date: 21/01/2022
Here at 3Squared, our mission is to enable the transportation sector to become safer, greener, and more efficient through digitalisation.
To do this, it takes a multitalented and diverse team with mobile, software, project management, quality assurance, support, IT, DevOps, and operations experience.
One of our core values is centered around our people who sit at the heart of our business. We invest continually in the skills and technical knowledge of our people, and we would be delighted if you joined us for your placement year, where you will gain hands on experience within your chosen field.
Placement starting July 2022 – August 2023.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be working in our Quality Assurance team alongside the Head of Quality Assurance to
- Reviewing requirements/ User Stories, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases from the requirements, specifications and test strategies
- Working with a QA Engineer estimating, prioritising, planning, and coordinating testing activities
- Working with a QA Engineer designing, developing and executing automation scripts
To help you to succeed in this role you will need:
- Be working towards a recognised qualification in computing (Degree/HNC/Diploma) or equivalent work experience
- A desire to work in the Quality Assurance or Testing industry
- Good verbal written and communication skills
- Understanding of the development lifecycle, software release processes and defect management
- Familiarity with software testing processes and methodologies
- Ability to work as part of a team and with users at all levels
There’s more to working here than just having a desk in the office, we’re a social bunch and we want you to be fulfilled whilst you’re here:
- The kitchen has an outstanding cereal selection, new coffee machine, doughnuts, cookie on a Friday and more which you can help yourself to
- Quarterly socials for all: previous have been mini golf, videogames, ceramic painting and more
- We don’t encourage long days, we’re open to flexible working, as you are available for our core hours (9:30am -3:30pm)
- A split of office and home working
- Every employee is entitled to a personal training budget of £1300 to support your continued personal development
- You can take a volunteer day once a year to give back to the community
- Tech Scheme that allows you to choose from a huge range of tech which is paid back though salary sacrifice
- Cycle to work scheme which supports you to get a bicycle or cycling equipment
- We host knowledge shares from internal and external speakers on best practice standard, from wellbeing to the latest development news
- Westfield health (cashback) scheme
- And so much more