Posted on: 05/08/21
Salary: £27,000 - £38,000 Dependent on Experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
We’re looking for an end-user focused, analytical and thorough QA to be part of a growing team at 3Squared.
The core aspect of the role will involve helping to estimate, plan, coordinate and execute both functional and non-functional testing activities on projects, shape and implement automation and team strategy, and be a champion for quality in every area of our software.
This role is integral to the success of the business in terms of customer satisfaction.
What 3Squared Do
3Squared is an award-winning Sheffield-based software company that works across the rail industry.
Our flagship RailSmart suite of software applications continue to positively disrupt the rail sector as more and more passenger and freight operating companies and suppliers use the software to improve operational efficiency, reduce incidents and better manage business risk.
The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002, to a 60 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning digital solutions for an ever-growing list of transportation customers in the UK and abroad.
We have stayed true to our roots and are still independently owned and operate from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
- Estimating, prioritising, planning, coordinating, and executing both Functional and Non-Functional testing activities on web, iOS and Android applications
- Assisting in defining 3Squared’s Quality Assurance strategy, including automation approach
- In depth knowledge of automation testing, including framework maintenance and improvement
- Collaborating to define acceptance criteria with team members and stakeholders
- Creating detailed and comprehensive test artifacts appropriate to the application under test
- Writing automated UI tests, API tests
- Analysing test results and other quality assurance, investigating root causes and recommending improvements
- Taking a proactive approach in understanding the architecture and development approach for any given project and creating technical specifications and test plans as required
- Planning and running UAT sessions remote or on client sites
Skills / Experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years in a QA role
- Experience of managing and improving automation frameworks
- Experience of testing complex web, iOS and Android applications
- Familiarity of multiple test techniques including Exploratory Testing, Session Based Test Management and Regression Testing
- Experience performing Non-Functional Testing (Load, Performance, Stress etc.)
- Awareness of: Test Charters, Oracles, Heuristics, Test Plans, Test Cases and other test artefacts
- Experience of working closely with key stakeholders, including clients, Product Owners, Project Managers and Software Engineers
- Working knowledge of Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid development methodologies
- An understanding of test case management, version control & defect tracking
- An understanding of development lifecycles, software release processes and defect management
- The ability to explain technical jargon to peers and clients in a non-technical way
- The ability to ask good questions
- A willingness to maintain good relationships with other departments
- Having a passion for all things test
- ISTQB Foundation or higher is preferred
Our QA Tech stack: (some training can be provided, we’re more interested in whether you want to work with the following technologies)
- Automation using Java and Selenium with Gherkin, we’re dabbling with Cypress
- API Testing using Postman
- NF testing using JMeter, we’ve recently started using K6 too
- We use TestRail to manage test cases, and JIRA for project work
- Wider stack includes Azure DevOps and Docker
No Agencies Please