Posted on: 07/12/2021
Salary: Competitive salary
Start date: Depending on availability
Here at 3Squared we develop award-winning digital software for the ever-growing rail industry.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who is a subject matter expert in Business Analysis tools and processes. If you enjoy working with Customers directly to understand their context, needs and problems we would like to hear from you.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Own medium-size internal initiatives through to implementation
- Mentor members of the team to further develop our Business Analysis capability and ensure we work in a consistent way, following best practice.
- Attend conferences, participate in discussions as part of a community of experts and stay up to date on the latest BA news and trends.
- Participate in the sales process to explain the unique benefits business analysis can offer our clients.
- Demonstrate the benefits of our products, systems, and processes to existing and prospective clients.
- Gather a deep understanding of how our customers use our products/software in their day-to-day lives across their organisations.
- Capture and document clearly defined User Needs with an understanding of the problems we are aiming to solve for our clients.
- Collaboratively prioritise business requirements, including defined success criteria, with stakeholders across multiple workstreams.
- Facilitate a shared understanding of what success looks like between stakeholders, users, and project teams.
- Facilitate solution design and estimation sessions, and work with the team to produce good estimates.
- Understand our business strategy and guide teams to ensure solution decisions align to this.
- Present considered solution recommendations, highlighting benefits, barriers, cost, and time to implement.
- Provide AS IS and TO BE flows and process maps our products and internal processes.
- Validate solutions with our clients and gather feedback to identify what works well and what needs changing.
- Work with the QA and Client Engagement teams to define acceptance tests and share responsibility for successful delivery with our clients.
- Undertake research and analyse data to help both 3Squared and clients make informed decisions.
- Introduce new tools and processes on projects, leading and managing trials and evaluations as appropriate.
What you’ll bring to 3Squared:
- Keep up to date with current and future processes and make recommendations to the business around best practice ways of working
- Set a positive example to team members through professional diligence and a positive attitude
- Assist the Head of Service Design with decisions, strategy and communication required both from and to the team
- Assist in defining 3Squared’s Service Design processes in relation to the BA role whilst balancing the commercial realities of the business, industry guidelines and the needs of clients
- Perform analysis and evaluation of costs, budgets, time tracking and other commercial activities and make suggestions as required
The Benefits of working at 3Squared
There’s more to working here than just having a desk in the office, we’re a social bunch and we want you to be fulfilled whilst you’re here:
- The kitchen has an outstanding cereal selection, new coffee machine, doughnuts, cookie on a Friday and more which you can help yourself to
- Quarterly socials for all: previous have been mini golf, videogames, ceramic painting and more
- We don’t encourage long days, we’re open to flexible working, so long as you are available for our core hours (9:30am -3:30pm)
- A split of office and home working
- Every employee is entitled to a personal training budget of £1300 to support your continued personal development
- You can take a volunteer day once a year to give back to the community
- Tech Scheme that allows you to choose from a huge range of tech which is paid back though salary sacrifice
- We host knowledge shares from internal and external speakers on best practice standard, from wellbeing to the latest development news
- Cycle to work scheme
- Westfield health (cashback) scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- And so much more
See our candidate commitments and values and full benefits, alongside some staff testimonials, our hiring processes and staff satisfaction stats on our careers page.
If you’d like to know more, please get in contact as we’re happy to have an informal chat first if you’d prefer.