Posted on: 03/11/2021
Salary: Competitive salary
Start date: December / January
Close date: 01/12/2021
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer with experience working with mobile technologies using native iOS. If you have significant experience and a passion of iOS, we’d love to hear from you.
Here at 3Squared we develop award-winning digital software for the ever-growing rail industry and are looking for someone to lead the iOS mobile engineering.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating technical documentation and architecture suitable for peer reviews
- Planning and coordinating development sprint activities including breakdown and estimation of tasks
- Collaborate in an agile way with Project Managers, UX/UI Designers, Quality Assurance and DevOps Engineers throughout the software development lifecycle
- Regularly review our technical knowledge and implement best practice, processes and methods
- Contribute to documentation design and assess the ease of implementation
- Develop the skills and knowledge of the mobile engineers whilst working together with our wider software engineering team
We have a real focus on diversity and inclusion here at 3squared, so no matter your background, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll bring to 3Squared:
- A hands-on approach to problem solving, and a good understanding of how to use BugFender and AppCenter
- Advanced knowledge of mobile engineering best practice and agile development methodologies
- Ability to write in both Swift and Objective-C with knowledge of other languages
- Experienced knowledge of great Git-flow practices
- Skilled at using and updating project progress on Jira
There’s more to working here than just having a desk in the office, we’re a social bunch and we want you to be fulfilled whilst you’re here:
- The kitchen has an outstanding cereal selection, new coffee machine, doughnuts, cookie on a Friday and more which you can help yourself to
- Quarterly socials for all: previous have been mini golf, videogames, ceramic painting and more
- We don’t encourage long days, we’re open to flexible working, so long as you are available for our core hours (9:30am -3:30pm)
- A split of office and home working
- Every employee is entitled to a personal training budget of £1300 to support your continued personal development
- You can take a volunteer day once a year to give back to the community
- Tech Scheme that allows you to choose from a huge range of tech which is paid back though salary sacrifice
- We host knowledge shares from internal and external speakers on best practice standard, from wellbeing to the latest development news
- Cycle to work scheme
- Westfield health (cashback) scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- And so much more
See our candidate commitments and values and full benefits, alongside some staff testimonials, our hiring processes and staff satisfaction stats on our careers page.
If you’d like to know more, please get in contact as we’re happy to have an informal chat first if you’d prefer.