Posted on: 11/05/2021
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 Dependent on Experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in working on a SaaS suite to join our existing team of developers.
Our products have an exciting roadmap of features and enhancements that need implementing and developing for customers; this role will be instrumental in ensuring we continue to implement the most suitable architecture and development approaches as we scale.
What 3Squared Do:
3Squared is an award-winning Sheffield based software company that works across the rail industry.
Our flagship RailSmart suite of software applications continue to positively disrupt the rail sector as more and more passenger and freight operating companies and suppliers use the software to improve operational efficiency, reduce incidents and better manage business risk.
The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 60 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning digital solutions for an ever-growing list of transportation customers in the UK and abroad.
We have stayed true to our roots and are still independently owned and operate from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
- Writing code in a team and reviewing other’s code to ensure quality.
- Assessing and choosing the best technologies to use for a solution.
- Prioritising, planning, and coordinating development activities.
- Working with UI/UX Designers, QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Contributing to an end of project retrospectives, analysing the success of the project and any learning points.
- Providing project estimation and risk assessments.
- Working across technical departments to plan, implement and reflect upon the best practices, processes and methods.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members, using your experience to direct their technical and personal development.
- Using C# NET, MVC and Web API for builds.
- Familiarity in using object orientated programming languages and principles.
- Writing and maintaining unit tests.
- Working with SQL databases with and without an ORM.
- Using SPA frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.JS.
- Experience in using a build server to deploy to Azure.
- The ability to implement Federated Identity and Single Sign On.
- Experience in working on a SaaS suite, and planning development to deliver features to multiple customers across different products.
- Understanding Infrastructure as Code principles.
- A passion for keeping up with current and future technological trends and developments.
Summary of technologies & tools we use (some training can be provided, we just wanted candidates to be aware of what they’d be working with)
- C# NET Framework and ASP.NET Core
- MVC ,WebAPI
- NuGet, NPM
- Entity Framework, SQL Server
- Git and GitFlow
- Azure IaaS and PaaS, managed using Terraform
- Team City, Octopus Deploy and Azure DevOps
See our Candidate Commitments and Values and Benefits
No Agencies Please